Friday, October 06, 2006

What is creating unmanageability in your life?

What is creating unmanageability in your life? Your job? Relationship? Family? Your mind that keeps obsessing over the same things over and over?

Are you finding that you are slipping into bad habits? Wanting to try to "control" situations or people so you won't be abandoned, cheated on, left a fool... It's ok..we have all been there.

Sit down, breathe and think of the things you are trying to control..try to figure out all the reasons why (ok, just shoot for 3 good reasons) and see if these things are what is making your life spin out of control.
Remember, no one is "making" you spin out of control..no one can control you or make you feel a certain way. You are the one who has choice. Even if you are in an abusive relationship, or being emotionally blackmailed, you have a choice! (I am speaking from experience, believe me).

Make the list. Don’t put if of one more day. Make the list. If nothing else, it will get your mind to stop obsessing for a few moments and get you taking steps to change your life TODAY!

Feel free to comment on these posts..I will write back.

A great book that may help you on your journey:


Melody Beattie's "Guide to the 12 Steps" easy to ready and understand and takes the 12 steps out of the "format" and puts them in real context with interviews and stories from people just like you and me. Plus excellent exercises after each chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-Dependents Anonymous is a fellowship of women and men whose common purpose is to develop healthy relationships. The only requirement for membership is a desire for healthy and loving relationships.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice posting, Coda Coach. This question is central to identifying the key personal areas that must be the focus of working towards emotional freedom. As a Marriage and Family Therapist, I am finding your blog to be a valuable resource for persons struggling with codependency. Please keep up the great postings!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there
Thanks so much for having this blog. I only stumbled onto this today.
I think I've always give my power away to my primary relationships and my job. So many times I find that there's no 'me' left. Time to wise up.

I'm going to start these steps tonight. I'll check in with you later.
Best,
Cat

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home