Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Welcome to the 3rd Step!


Co-Dependents Anonymous 3rd Step:
“Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.”

Co-Dependents Anonymous 3rd Promise:
“I know a new freedom.”


1. Without editing or over-analyzing, write about “what the 3rd Step means to me.”

2. How is my will related to controlling? Do I always get what I want when I control? How does it feel when controlling “works”? Does that feeling last? What extra things (side effects) do I get from controlling? How does it feel to let go?

3. What will happen if I can’t “figure it all out”? Can the mind stop the mind from obsessing? If I compulsively try to control myself and others, how can I stop doing it? Can I control myself into not controlling? Can a perfectionist cure perfectionism? What might be a 3rd Step approach to these issues?

4. Does turning my will over to God mean that I’m no longer allowed to want or ask for anything? What is the difference between wanting and needing something? Am I attached today to a particular outcome? What is hard about letting go, or “turning it over”?

5. Does this Step absolve me of responsibility? What is my role in my life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home